Thursday, October 11, 2007

I Am Mine: A heavily copied ode

Simon and Garfunkel claimed to search for America on the New Jersey Turnpike at a time when i was not a thought. When will i come into existence as the kid with chops?
Dylan said there would be a change and so far i've seen a stationary progression. When will i get past the disappointments that sting like joking belly flops?
McCartney and his compadres pretended to be a band on the run. When this desert settle down in my stomach?
Kiedis and his peppers said that they were standing in line waiting on a show. Its keeps playing in the back of my mind. When can't i stop for a second take?

They write these words with such ease
I can't admit that i'm envious of their genius
I so badly to take their melody,
i want to take Vedder's even flow and place it on my tongue
i'll settle for Jagger's brown sugar

No comments: